My mom and dad came to visit me today. Just me. Here’s our selfie to prove it:
Well, that’s not really true, but a girl can pretend she’s an only child and had them all to herself, which was true for an hour or two.
I am so lucky to have such loving parents that love everyone, not just me. So many people admire them and look up to them and want to be in their company. Are you wondering why? So glad you asked. I’ll tell you.
Here are 11 reasons, because I like odd numbers.
1. They are authentic and real.
2. They are unconditionally loving and funny.
3. They are unselfish and giving.
4. They go out of their way to take care of others. Always.
5. They always welcome friends and family to their home. They never are “busy” and the door is always open.
6. They make good coffee and their home is very gezellig (this is a Dutch word that doesn’t have an English translation, but basically means warm and cozy and welcoming.)
7. They make good bread and cookies and spaghetti sauce.
8. They always see the good in people and lift others up.
9. They love and take care of their family and extended family, always, without any expectations.
10. They make the time to attend the special life events of their friends and family, even driving long distances.
11. They call me everyday and keep in touch and keep the love flowing. They just get the meaning of life.
I am so thankful that they chose to come spend a few days with us and I guess I’ll share them. I wish that everyone could have parents like mine. The world would be a better place with such loving people spreading joy to all. Hey, maybe they are Santa Claus? 😉
The coffee is on… door is open. Come on over, BeLoveRs. xo