I tend to share the ups on the teeter-totter of life.
I thought I’d share a teetering moment as I try to find my balance again.
I am transitioning from a stay at home mom to a part time working mom and I don’t have it quite figured out yet.
I am trying to let go of some of the expectations from my previous path as I journey on down this new road and it’s a bit bumpy, as I want to do it all.
I think there is always chaos in the transition and once I master the steps, it’ll seem easy again. But right now I feel the stress and it’s ok, it just is and I have two pimples on my face as proof.
I’ve decided my priorities are:
1. My family. I want to cook and to pick kids up from school and drive them where they need to go. I want to be present when they are home and be able to listen and share stories together while we can.
3. My work. I’m excited about my new job and creating something new and being part of a great team. I like using my brain and like that I’m actually making money again, after 15 years of volunteering.
4. My clean house. I need order and chaos under control in my outer environment to maintain my inner sanity. This is teetering today but I’ll get it back in order before I go to bed.
5. My girlfriends. I need them. They are my emotional support and I love sharing our stories together.
6. My volunteer commitments. I still love giving back to my community and this one is a little bit harder now. Today I let go of one of my commitments and it did not feel good. I can’t continue in the role I had and work too, at least not right now. I’m ok with the decision now, but in the moment I struggled.
7. My writing. I’m still enjoying this outlet and love that so many of you find a connection with me and share your ideas and comments. I may try writing at different times of the day and maybe skipping a day or two, to let go of the pressure and expectation to produce new content daily. We’ll see. I’m not ready to change this process just yet, but I don’t want to teeter too long.
I like balance, amidst the yin and the yang.
How about you? Are you feeling centered or are you teetering too? Are there things you need to change and burdens you need to let go to find your core again? Change is good. Embrace it and enjoy the ride.