We are finally wrapping up our 10 day east coast traveling journey and I have time on the 6 hour flight home to reflect on what I love about traveling.
Here are a few of my favorite things:
– seeing the world
– comparing and contrasting where we live with the places we visit
– visiting with family and friends we don’t get to see all the time and enjoying them in their homes
– learning together and making connections about our history and cultures and customs of the places we visit
– getting out of my comfort zone which makes me appreciate my comfort zone and the comfort of everyday life
– seeing how my family has learned to adapt quickly and can sleep anywhere
– enjoying local foods like Philly cheesesteaks, Maryland crab cakes, and New York bagels and pizza
– sharing experiences with my family
– watching my kids enjoy their experience and working together as a team to make decisions
– watching my son become our knowledgable leader
– spending several days together engaged with one another as a team
– seeing my kids help one another to make each other comfortable
– making memories and sharing stories.
We all have a story to share and we learn from other’s stories and making connections. What do you love about traveling?
I am thankful for this last experience and for my family for sharing the journey together. Thank you to C and D and your families for hosting us for a couple of the days. Love y’all.
Life is good.