Along with the change your mind theme, sometimes you just don’t feel on/right/happy/up/positive/etc. That’s okay! It’s actually normal.
What do you do when you’re having an “off” day?
I woke up with one of those moods for no apparent reason. I was like, uh-oh!! I saw it. I felt it. I wanted to zap it right away. But the feeling was just there and didn’t want to leave.
What did I do?
1. Acknowledged the off feeling.
2. Decided I didn’t want to be off, even though I felt it.
3. Faked it until I made a difference.
4. Went through the motions, even though I felt resistance. I didn’t stop and kept going, even when I wanted to just take a nap.
5. Enjoyed my day anyway, despite the lingering negative feelings. I was happy with my experience even though I was unhappy on the inside and waited patiently for peace to arrive.
6. Made jokes about being mad and laughed at myself. I was pretending I was mad and saying funny things. This made me laugh.
7. Spoiled my daughter.
8. Did my chores.
9. Dressed up and met a friend for dinner and drinks.
10. Went for a long walk with my BFF.
Guess what? Love, laughter and determination wins. I came home happy again and the negative feelings were gone. But it took awhile!!
I think the walk and laughter and time with my family and friends made a big difference in my day. I think knowing I didn’t feel good and not acting on that feeling was key too.
How do you handle stress? What makes you feel better?