We had so much fun making and decorating our Thanksgiving Tree this year with leaves of thankfulness. We decided that we would make a Christmas tree next and decorate it with ornaments that described the gifts we all bring to this family. We each took time to think about each other and what we like about one another and our family as a whole. We joked about the negative stuff too and decided we’d leave those off, but that one could be really funny!
This was a really cool project, especially reading all the ornaments and stringing them on our family tree.
If you’d like to make your own family christmas tree, here is how we made ours:
– We first looked on Pinterest for Christmas Wall Trees but couldn’t find something we liked. Juliana had seen something on Buzzfeed that used tape and we liked this idea.
– We went to Michael’s craft store and purchased green printed masking tape with a pattern that won’t hurt the paint.
– We also bought precut snowflakes that actually had holes we could use to string them together on purchased twine. We bought craft paper and patterns to copy and cut, but when we found the precut ones, we decided to save time and go with the easy ones.
– I made a free-form Christmas tree with the masking tape. You could make it with just a triangle for the tree, and a small rectangle for the trunk, if you feel this might be easier. Then I cut twine to drape across the branches and taped them onto the tape from side to side, as we created the snowflake ornaments. Once the ornaments were done, I strung them onto the strings and taped them up again.
– The star on top was made by Charlie with pipe cleaners.
– I made a card and put this on the trunk that says, “2014 Hartley Family Gifts” and added more tape lines to tape up the card and to decorate the trunk.
Pretty simple and fun! If you make one, I wonder if you can share your pictures in the comments?? That would be cool.
Merry Christmas!! xo Adriana
One thought on “Our Christmas Tree Gifts”
Love the tree idea-you have such a perfect place to put it. Happy Holidays. XO Pat
Sent from my iPhone