Do you agree with this statement?
I definitely believe this to be true.
Tonight I sat down to fold the laundry during the evening news and caught the tale end, just in time for the special report sharing the scientific secret to a happy marriage.
Guess what the answer was?
Yep – scientific research proves that a happy wife, leads to a happy life.
Here’s the link to the research from Rutgers University in Michigan, so you can see it for yourself. Happy Wife, Happy Life Research
I was so excited for my husband to come home to share with him the good news! He laughed with me, and then asked what’s the secret to making a wife happy. He’s always full of good questions.
Here are some of my ideas of what helps a woman to feel happy in her marriage:
1. A sense of self.
2. A partner who appreciates her role in the family and marriage and the tasks she does, whether she works in the home or outside the home.
3. Time spent doing what she loves, whatever that may be, without feeling guilty for choosing to take care of herself.
4. Exercise. Staying fit and healthy and having stress relief through fitness.
5. Quiet time. Time to read or meditate and focus.
6. Time to be just herself and not wife, or mother, but just herself.
7. Time with her partner, such as date night, or time to drink coffee together, walk together, or eat together.
8. Being loved and being touched, hugged, or kissed, without any expectations.
9. A sense of humor.
10. Understanding each other’s roles and appreciating each other’s contributions to the family.
11. A loving partner to her/their children.
12. A partner who cares about himself and takes care of himself too.
13. Immediate forgiveness and no holding grudges over grievances. Let go as quickly as possible to preserve the love.
14. Reciprocity. Taking care of each other and both giving 100%.
I’m sure there are a gazillion other best practices, but these are a few of my favorites. What are yours? What makes for a happy marriage or relationship? Whatever you think defines it, do the work!! It’s worth it.
I wish you a happy life!!